The primary purpose of your job position is to work alongside the nursing department to provide non-nursing/non-direct care for our residents. Some of the duties would include, making beds, passing ice and water, answering call lights, and other non-nursing duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be asked to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer resident calls promptly
- Visit read and provide activities to residents
- Watch for and report any change in room temperature, ventilation, lighting, etc.
- Assist residents with identifying food arrangements. (i.e., informing resident with sight problem of foods that are on his/her tray, where it is located, if it is hot/cold, etc.)
- Keep residents' water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water (on each shift), and within easy reach of the resident.
- Serve between meal and bedtime snacks as instructed
- Pass water and ice
- Follow established policies concerning exposure to blood/body fluids
- Assure that the residents' right to fair and equitanle treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints, are well established and maintained at all times.
- Knock before entering a resident's room
Part time and full time positions available.
Morning and Evening shifts available.